Friday, February 12, 2010

Wawee and the May Men

I have to start by saying that my baby girl is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She is almost 18 months old and acts much older than her age. She talks non-stop and already fights with her big sister who is almost 11. She loves to make people laugh and she will do almost anything to make it happen. I think we might just have a comedian in the making with this child! lol

My littlest angel loves to talk she is always repeating just about anything I say. Seriously....that is one of her words. I guess I say it a lot and one day not too long ago she looked at me and said, "Seriously!" in her super cute tiny little voice. I almost died on the spot, I was sure that it was the cutest thing I had ever heard. Then again I also thought that same thing when my older daughter asked me about my "boobie pants" when she was 2 1/2 or so. By the way, boobie pants = bra.

Most little kids her age have a hard time with hard sounds like "t" my baby girl is no different. But, when she was asking me for some water instead of just doubling up on the easy sound "wa" and asking for wawa she decided to take on the whole word and it came out "wawee". So now when she wants a drink she asks me for wawee and it's just so cute that I can never say no.

Every night when we sit down to dinner and our older daughter says the blessing for the meal our sweet baby girls sits quietly with her hands together, she even bows her head from time to time. Now I am impressed by this for three main reasons. First, she is only 18 months and to be able to sit quietly during the blessing and not say anything or be disruptive is a huge thing to ask of someone so little yet she does it everyday without fail. Secondly, this child is just like her big sister and her Mother - she doesn't like to sit still for very long and she definitely loves to talk, that she gets from her sister lol. Lastly because she doesn't know what her "inside voice" sounds like because she's never in her life used it, she is one of the loudest children that I know...but at least it's generally happy sounds. It makes it a lot easier to smile at people in the store and explain that she is just so loud because she is excited than it would be to smile and beg their pardon for a child that is just screaming to screaming (we've all been there). At the end of the blessing this sweet little child with all the conviction she has at her age says loud and proud, "May men!" and waits for the clapping and affirmation of a job well done to begin. lol

What would I do if I didn't have such sweet little girls to fill my life with so much entertainment and laughter?!

No comments:

Post a Comment